In this article we cover Chimichurri chicken recipes. First of all, if you don't already know, Chimichurri is an Argentinian sauce.Argentinean Chimichurri is a flavourful sauce that is made with fresh parsley, oregano, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Not only is it a perfect marinade for chicken and a burst of colour but chimichurri sauce takes just 10 minutes to make! So there is no need to buy processed ones! Therefore, as well as the chicken recipes we'll also share some chimichurri sauce recipes too! So in no time, you'll become a well-versed chimichurri sauce master! Because while it's good with chicken you can also serve it alongside grilled steak or pork chops, poached salmon or sauteed shrimp. Sprinkle it over grilled vegetable kebabs or oven-roasted vegetables.
You might be thinking what does Chimichurri sauce taste like? Well, it's made with fresh ingredients so it has a very refreshing taste. It has parsley and oregano to blame for that! Meanwhile the garlic and vinegar gives it strong flavour.
How healthy is Chimichurri? Very! It contains zero gluten, zero dairy and zero sugar. So it is a fitting condiment for keto diets.
Avocado Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
Here we have an EASY Avocado Chimichurri Sauce Recipe. No skill required and ready in just 5 minutes. Recipe from the talented TatyanasEverydayFood. For even more green flavour this recipe throws in some avocados! Avocado is not a traditional addition to chimichurri BUT it adds so much creaminess to the sauce! Ingredients for this recipe: bundle of cilantro, bundle of fresh parsley, juice from 1 lime, 1 large avocado, 5 garlic cloves, pepper flakes, salt and extra-virgin olive oil.Instructions
- Thoroughly rinse the cilantro and parsley under cold water. Cut off the hard ends and discard. Place the cilantro and parsley into a food processor along with the remaining ingredients, except for the olive oil. Add 1/4 cup olive oil to start. Turn on food processor and pulse for about 1 minute, then add more olive oil as needed. The sauce needs to have a chunky sauce consistency but shouldn't be too dry.
- Alternatively, finely mince the parsley, cilantro and garlic. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, except for the avocado. Place the avocado into a separate bowl and mash into a puree using a large fork. Add the avocado puree to the sauce and stir until well combined.
- Keep sauce well covered and store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Grilled Chimichurri Chicken
In this video recipe we make JUCIY Grilled Chimichurri Chicken! Healthy and easy chimichurri marinade recipe. Now that you have learnt how to make chimichurri marinade in the video above, let's apply it as a marinade to add a burst of flavour to chicken. Perfect for summer! Another video recipe from the talented TatyanasEverydayFood! Ingredients are: 3 to 4 pounds bone-in chicken, 1 small shallot or onion, 4 garlic cloves, 1 jalapeno pepper, 1 sweet red bell pepper, olive oil, white vinegar, sugar, salt, ground cumin, coriander and smoked paprika. For the dipping sauce: greek yogurt and olive oil.Instructions
- Prepare the chimichurri sauce first. Place the fresh herbs, shallot, garlic, and peppers into a food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are finely minced. In a separate measuring cup, combine the olive oil, vinegar, salt, sugar and spices. Add this mixture to the food processor and pulse again for about 10 seconds, just until everything is combined.
- Reserve 2 to 3 tablespoons of the chimichurri for the dipping sauce. Arrange the chicken in a large mixing bowl and pour the sauce over it. Using your hands, massage the sauce into the chicken, coating it evenly. Cover the bowl with plastic and set into the refrigerator to marinate for a minimum of 4 hours, or leave overnight for best results.
- When ready to grill, preheat the grill to 475F, medium-low heat. Grill the chicken about 7 to 8 minutes per side. Add any remaining sauce to the chicken using a rubber brush, if desired. After 16 to 17 minutes, when the chicken is nicely charred, move it to the second rack in the grill, keeping the flame/temperature the same. Keep the grill closed and cook the chicken with indirect heat for an additional 15 to 16 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160F.
- For the dipping sauce, combine the reserved chimichurri sauce with the yogurt, olive oil and season with salt. Mix the ingredients together until a uniform sauce forms.
Beths Grilled Chicken With Chimichurri Sauce
Another chimichurri chicken recipe here. This time from the talented Beth! In this video Beth teaches how to make Grilled Chicken with Chimichurri Sauce for any great summer entertaining idea! This recipe serves 6-8 people. Ingredients include: 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1 cup red wine vinegar, grape seed oil, grain mustard, worcestershire sauce, oregano, salt, pepper and 1 garlic clove. For the Chimichurri Sauce: flat leaf parsley finely minced, oregano finely minced, red wine vinegar, olive oil, 3 garlic cloves, red pepper flakes and salt.Instructions
- Prepare the marinade. In a large shallow casserole dish, combine the red wine vinegar, grape seed oil, grain mustard, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic. Whisk to combine. Lay in chicken, coating on both sides. Marinate 20 mins.
- Meanwhile prepare the chimichurri sauce. In a small bowl combine all ingredient and whisk with a fork.
- Grill chicken on a medium high grill 4-6 mins each side. Allow to rest 10 mins. Arrange chicken on a platter and spoon chimichurri over the top. Enjoy
Here we have a quick Chimichurri recipe from here at The Chicken Website, so add it to your favourites and save it for future recipes! A perfect keto-friendly, dairy free and paleolithic recipe that is ready in just 8 minutes and serves up to 4 people. Ingredients include: flat leaf parsley, garlic cloves, oregano leaves, extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. 5, 244 people were impressed by this recipe and is a great way to try Argentinian cuisine. If that all sounds good to you, why not click through to the recipe to see the instructions.Go To Recipe
The Easiest Grilled Chimichurri Chicken
Now that you've learnt how to make the best Chimichurri from the recipe above. Save that sauce and use it as a juicy marinade for the chicken in this recipe for a scrumptious meal. From preparation to the plate, this recipe takes around around 45 minutes. All you need is your homemade Chimichurri sauce. 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, salt and pepper and parsley. Click through to the recipe to see the instructions so you can start making it today!Go To Recipe